1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 107 1.12 firmware

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by slave, Apr 2, 2004.

1. slave

slave Member

hi
    ive just upgraded my 107 to the 1.12 firmware
    i was gunna do the hacked 1.10 but on pioneers site it said that the 1.12 would burn 8 speed on NEW ritek -dvdr
    burnt a film using ritek go4 but still burnt at 4 speed
    so what the hell is the new ritek ive looked for the disc on net and carnt find any 8-dvdr
    SOooo if it carnt burn at 8 can i go back to the 1.10 hacked firmware or do i have to wait for a new hacked 1.12

2. doseyclwn

doseyclwn Member

You will probably have to wait until the punctuation fairy firmware comes out.

I have had no problems with the 1.12 firmware. My advice would be to go to http://flashman.rpc1.org. You will be able to get the hacked 1.10 firware there. My guess is the it's the program you're using to burn.

3. slave

slave Member

its nero 6
    i know there been some probloms with it reconising in the forums but i have burnt verbatim dvd+r 8 at 8 speed
    all i want really to know what do they mean by NEW RITEK????

4. ogryzek

ogryzek Member

Most likely you have to burn them within first 5 min after opening the package... after that those ain't new anymore...

Seriously, I would imagine that they meant 8x Riteks (as opposed to 4x overburned to 8x). I cannot imagine any manufacturer (especially renowned one like Pioneer) taking chances on being blamed on issues that might have little to do with them (read: even Ritek's quality varies; so if you get a coaster burning media not approved for 8x, most likely you would bitch about the drive)