1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 107d problems

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Doom1234, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Doom1234

Doom1234 Guest

Hi,
    I have burned at least 600 dvd's with my pioneer 107d drive with no problems. Now it just stopped reading dvds for no reason that I can think of. It will read/burn cd's with no problem but no dvd's. Anyone else ever have this problem or know a solution to this problem.

Thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try cleaning the lens & see what happens

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Try uninstalling then restart, (assuming you have XP) up0n restart XP will detect a new device and show your pioneer. See what happens with that.

4. Doom1234

Doom1234 Guest

Tried both and still doesn't work. I was reading online about the dvd lens over heating and could burn out. I figure that is what happened so I ordered a 108 model. Thanks for the suggestions.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

WOW! I have twice the amount you stated, but i guess if it goes out then it goes out.

I think in the next few weeks im gonna get the 108 model as well.

Good luck with the new burner!

6. Doom1234

Doom1234 Guest

I got my 108 drive and for some reason I can Rip at 12x and burn Ritek G04 at 16X. I didn't upgrade the manufactures firmware. Came with version 1.14. Anyone else able to do this? I'm not complaining but I don't want to keep doing it if it'll ruin the drive.

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Well...for me I prefer to burn at 2x, I don't tust myself to burn any higher than that.

108 is made to burn at that speed so I highly doubt you'll brake it.

go with what ever your comfortable with.