1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 108 and Tayo Yuden - So whats the problem???

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by olliedvd, Mar 1, 2005.

1. olliedvd

olliedvd Member

Hello, in the last few months i have worked my way through almost every brand of DVD-R out there for backing up my movies successfully.

I have had problems with pretty much every brand, and im talking about 50% failure rate here. So i switched to Taiyo Yuden, bought 300 of them, everything is perfect, i burn at 6x and then dvdinfopro runs through them at full speed fine.

Then about 3/4 of the way down the pack dvdinfopro starts running slowly during the last half of the scan. Sometimes 1 pixel per second. And coloured pixels indicating bad burn start appearing.

What is going on???

This problem recurred with other cheaper discs before, the dvdinfopro scan goes slow near the end, really slow. Have i got a faulty burner or is it not set up right. Firmware is latest, OS is XP, using Nero to burn from a .ISO, sources are fine. I even bought an 80 strand cable! What else can i do? Thank you :)

2. olliedvd

olliedvd Member

The writer is in DMA mode btw