1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 109 dvd-r burning program??? plz help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by troublez, Feb 6, 2005.

1. troublez

troublez Member

I have just bought a pioneer 109 dvd-r dual layer 16x burner.....now I need to get a burning softwear for it.....does n e 1 know a good one that WORKS....I have tryed nero ultra 6 and record now....it copys the image ...says it burned and secusful but when I put it in the dvd player it says DATA.....what am I doing wrong???plz help me

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you are trying to burn dvd movies, Nero by itself can't do it. Go to the software tab at the page top and download DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. Then click the guide tab up there and read the guides on how to use them. Nero by itself is a good all around burning program for like data and music and can be used to burn a dvd after it has been decrypted, but can't remove the encryption on a dvd.

Jerry

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I also have a Pioneer 109 and it came with Ulead DVD Moviefactory 3.5 and before that, a Pioneer 106 that came with Ulead Moviefactory 2 which I found to burn excellent DVD's after encoding with Mainconcept or other encoders.

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

If you stick with programs like DVD DeCrypter, DVD Shrink, Nero6 and even AnyDVD you will find that all the senior's, like [bold]Jerry746[/bold] and addicts like [bold]ScubaPete[/bold] have tremendous knowledge about the how’s and whys of these programs and they post right here on Afterdawn.com daily. How nice it is to become familiar with such programs that work repeatedly well and have great “guides” and “threads” to walk you through all aspects of using or tweaking them.

Oh, did I mention that two of the four of them are free? <G>

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  5. troublez

troublez Member

Jerry746....can u plz walk me through the process....I'm very new and don't really understand it all.....I just burned a pc game on the pioneer 109 using a cdr...and it worked great...but when I try to burn a copy of a dvd on a dvdr it reads as data....plz help....thankz

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here is a guide for using Shrink with Decrypter or Nero from our Guide tab at the page top. This will work for most movies that came out before December 2004. Try this with one of those older movies and use a RW disc as a test for now. Once you get that down we can go to some of the newer movies with the new encryptions. They are somewhat harder to do.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

Jerry

7. troublez

troublez Member

that's not what I want to do with the dvd writer.....what I do want to do is...put in a copyed dvd-r into the dvd writer(pioneer 109) creats an image...remove the copyed dvd and put in a blank dvd-r and have the image of the copyed dvd burned on to the blank dvd-r....I follwed these steps it said completed sucussfuly but when I put the dvd into the player it reads as a data..but its not reading the movie (remember the movie is on a copyed dvd-r its not an orignal)

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Ok, thats easy. Open Nero(the dvd section not CD) Click COPY ENTIRE DISC. Insert the dvd you want to copy. When Nero has copied it to the HD it will ask for a blank DVD. Remove the original and insert the blank and Nero will finish the burn.

Jerry

9. troublez

troublez Member

yes I have already tryed that and when completed I put the disc in the player and it reads as a data not what I burned.....n e other suggestions?....I heard the pioneer has updates some kinda filmwear....does that have n e thing to do with the burner not burning the image correctly?

10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I don't know of a problem in firmware that should cause that. Does the original you are trying to copy play OK? It soulds like the original wasn't burned properly. When you select the disc copy feature in any program it should just duplicate whats on the original.

Jerry

11. troublez

troublez Member

its just reading as data.....could it be the kinda dvd-r i am using???I just waisted 9 of them

12. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

It's time to get a DVD RW until you get this figured out!

13. troublez

troublez Member

whats a dvdrw is it the kinda dvd disc?

14. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

It's a re-writable blank media disk that can be used over and over which is very useful when having error or burn problems.