1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 109 problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by arteta23, Apr 8, 2005.

1. arteta23

arteta23 Guest

Newbie here,

Hi all,
    I have recently got a Pioneer 109 drive and it was fine at first but now it is taking up to 30 mins to create image of disc using Nero.
    Can anyone help?

2. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Check in your device manager to see if you are in ultra DMA mode or resorted to pio you can do this by Click on COMPPUTER>system info>Hard ware>Device Manager>Clickon IDE atapi controllers> primary and secondary should come updouble click on each one seperatlyClick on advanced settings>under transfermode it should say dma or pio, dma is desired

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  3. arteta23

arteta23 Guest

Thanks for you help...checked and it is set up DMA...I think this seems to be a problem with the a09 drive.

4. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

If it did say pio you can just uninstall it, your pc will ask if you really want to do it. Go ahead, then reboot your comp it will automaticly reinstall with ultra dma. Are yu still having long reading times?

5. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

I don't think uninstalling the burner will work. Youi must uninstall the IDE channel that the burner is on to get Pio setting back to DMD.

6. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Thats what I meant, thanks Stan for pointing that out, nice call Like stan said if you left click on the ide channel it will drop a menu, uninstall is an option after you restart your PC it will install the channel in dma

7. arteta23

arteta23 Guest

Thanks Guys...tried that and i am now on dma ultra...still no difference tho..i think i'll go back to the pioneer 108.

8. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

You know I am no pro, but I have heard others talkin' bout making sure when you plugged in your new burner that the polarity was correct. You might want to check that before you tear it apart again.