1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 111D and Laptop - Help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pigsy55, Mar 29, 2007.

1. pigsy55

pigsy55 Guest

Hi guys, I am trying to overcome an ongoing issue with my Pioneer 111D and Acer laptop. The back up image on every game I have is burned to 100% on both my external Pioneer and my internal LG burner, but I can never achieve anything higher than 2.4x. The drives both rated at above this and I have tried various 8x media including verbs and Ricoh.

I wouldn't be bothered but all my back ups load up and then freeze shortly into the game, and to solve the problem, I am told 4x could help. (I use Samsung SH-D162 for ripping & XBC and imageburn for writing)
    Very frustrating!!

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

not sure about the internal dvd burner, but the external one might be due to it being ran though USB. if you have a firewire for it, you could try that since it transfers at a faster rate.

3. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

try using just xbc for burning backups, and burn them at 2.4X with that and it should work. thats how all of mine are burned, also try upgrading the firmware on the drives and you may be able to burn faster

4. pigsy55

pigsy55 Guest

Sorted out the 4x, upgraded the 111D to version 1.29 firmware and it's ok. Only trouble is, the same problem occurs, freezing at the first loading screen on the 360.

Could this have anything to do with the Xtreme firmware I have, think it is 4.2a and the read speeds of the drive? The confusing thing is that other backups that were done for my games by a friend wok fine, every game I have backed up is booted up by the 360, and then freezes at the same point during the first loading section.

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

whats he doing differently?