1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 111d/xbc issue

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by omartian, Nov 9, 2007.

1. omartian

omartian Member

Noob here. I looked through the forums but couldn't find a good answer.

I was looking at your xbox backup faq and tried using xbc 2.6 to create a backup of my COD4 disc. I was using a pioneer 111d, and my 360 is a sammy ms28 flashed w/ xtreme v5.x

After i place the disc in my pioneer, the screen shows its a 5-9 megs, but when I try to click start the button is grayed out. My pioneer was selected in the drop down menu and I made sure clonecd wasn't running on active in the system tray, but still no dice.

Do i need to flash my drive to latest firmware? (link?)

It seems like this is a common problem so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

3. omartian

omartian Member

so it is possible to make backups of original discs with the pioneer 111d? I posted the same thing over at xbox-scene and they said its only possible with a kreon drive. Thoughts.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Only drives i know are the Samsung drives flashed with Kreon firmware. The other method people use looks like a royal pain to use.
    If you want to back up original discs investing in the Samsung drive is worth it. Then you use your current Pioneer to burn the disc (the Samsung is DVD-Rom so it only reads)
    SH-D162C for an IDE connection
    SH-D163A for an SATA connection
    can find both on Ebay preflashed