1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer A06 can't see any recordable media

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by speedy670, Jan 13, 2004.

1. speedy670

speedy670 Member

Hoping someone can help.

I just bought a Pioneer A06 recordable dvd drive and it won't recognize dvd + or - r, dvd rw, cdr or cdrws. It will play music and recorded dvds though. I've tried updating the aspi layer, updating the firmware, enabling DMA, blowing away the device drivers and having the Device Manager do an auto reinstall, bu still nothing. I can't seem to locate the driver for the dvd drive, just the firmware update. Btw, my A06 drive sits in a USB2.0 enclosure and is hooked up to my laptop via a USB 2.0 cable.

Hope someone can help.
    Kind regards,
    Speedy

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Speedy,

Hey there Good Guy, Time to get out a hammer, smack it a few times up-sides it's head ;-)

You've done everything I would have done, the only thing I would do extra - head into msconfig and shut everything in that baby down, Ya'know in case there's someone hiding out in the bunkhouse who doesn't like Pioneer - That failing, be that time to go back and get youseself a new puppy :D

Sorry, I couldn't help more -

Welcome to the Neighborhood -

Pete