1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer A09XL recognized as 109

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by SiGNAL748, Apr 4, 2005.

1. SiGNAL748

SiGNAL748 Member

I recently bought a Pioneer A09XL (Retail, mind you.) and it's being recognized by my computer as a 109 with 1.17 firmware. The guys at the "firmware page" forum told me that this is normal, and that I could verify if my drive was truly an A09XL by running Pioneer's quietdrive utility, to see if it is recognized. I ran the utility and it recognized it, so I suppose my drive really is an A09XL.

My question is, I want to update my firmware to 1.40 (I'm supposing that this newer firmware is better than the one I'm using right now. If its not too much to ask, can someone please tell me the advantages of this new firmware?)

This will be my first time flashing a drive so I wanna make sure I don't screw up.

Should I be using A09XL firmware or 109 firmware? And should I be using the utility included by Pioneer, or is there a 3rd party program that I am better off using to flash with?

2. assjockey

assjockey Member

I have the DVR-109 and the firmware 1.40 gives it less errors and 16X +/- and 16XDL+/-

3. sick_unit

sick_unit Regular member

4. MNcordia

MNcordia Member

i get this same problem. i bought the a09xl and it recognizes it as a 109 even with the quiet drive util. i wanna make sure i don't screw anything up when i flash it. i have my cd burner hooked up as the master, and the pioneer as the slave/secondary.