1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DV-350

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by leotzian, Jun 10, 2003.

1. leotzian

leotzian Member

Hello everybody. I have a very stange problem. I bought a Pioneer DV-350 6 months ago. I burn DVD's converting my VHS tapes to DVD,I have a Pioneer DVR-105, and I use Xp Sp1. I burned a lot of DVD's 4 months ago in winter( I dont know if the cold has to do with this). All of them were tested in my home dvd DV-350, and worked ok. I authoring and burn the dvd's using Ulead moovie factory 2.
    Now I try to see these dvd's and in some chapters my home dvd freezes it cannot find the chapter I hear the motor of the dvd searching and finaly I must disconect from the power to reset. In original dvd's (those who rent there is no problem).These Dvd's in my computers dvd are working fine.
    Now I disconect the dvd from the power for 2 hours, and when I connected it the dvd;s were playing ok but i some time the same problem again. I mention again that in rented dvd;s no problem
    Any ideas
    Thank you in advance

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I think you answered your own question:
    Keep in mind your computer likely has a Pentium 3 or better CPU, and likely over 128 MB of RAM. Stand alone players are more comperable to a 486 or a Pentium I with 16 MB of RAM. The true test of a burned DVD is if it will play in your stand alone player. Most discs, even if incorrectly made, will play in your computer.

You can also check compatability of your stand alone player here: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php