1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104 Problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by cleary71, Mar 9, 2005.

1. cleary71

cleary71 Member

As of yesterday, when I insert a blank DVD into my computer the computer is not recognizing it. Prioir to this when I inserted one a new window would pop up and ask me what I would like to do with it. I have tried a blank CD and that worked fine. I have also tried inserting a movie in and experienced no problems at all. I also tried to bring the software I use to copy to DVDs and attempted to write some data it says "please place a (re)writable media into the tray Required free space estimation: 4.16 Gb". I have tried it with several blanks and ultimately end up with the same problems. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Do you have Windows XP ? -- If so, do a System Restore one day before the problem started.

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

it might be the media. I had that problem once.

4. LMGottsch

LMGottsch Member

Hi,
    I'm having exactly the same problem right now... could it be the weather? I had a similar problem last year, around this time - only the drive had serious problems burning or recognizing any CDs - and I used a cleaning-CD and then it worked just fine again... what may now be the problem... maybe I have too few free space on my hard disk to burn an empty DVD? Maybe using the cleaning CD wasn't so good for the device? Maybe it's the cold weather... I have no clue! But please keep me informed if you know anything further.
    The device came with my eMac... whenever I put in a blank DVD, it would just keep on making noises like as if it dropped the DVD about every 9 seconds but it never starts to spin faster, as it does when recognizing a CD/DVD.
    It's a too big coincidence that we're having this same problem at the same time of year, isn't it?

Thank yous.

5. LMGottsch

LMGottsch Member