1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 104 unable to burn anything

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvddvr104, Aug 9, 2004.

1. dvddvr104

dvddvr104 Member

I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 104 drive and I am unable to burn anything.
    Following are the steps I followd.
    1. Plugged in the drive in USB port.
    2. XP os detected new hardware and enabled the device. Installed latest firmware upgrade from Pioneer website.
    3. in explorer I moved some files to E drive (Pioneer DVD-RW drive configured)
    4. Inserted Blank DVD-RW (2X) in the drive nad said write these files to CD.

I get a message saying insert writeable media.
    FOllowing are my queries.
    a. How do I format a blank dvd as I am unable to get that option?
    b. Do I need any s/w for formatting and writing the data/files in to DVD?

Please some one help me out in this.

2. john179

john179 Active member

What back up software are you using as to back up files.

John179

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I believe XP does not have the support for just dragging data to a dvd......
    To prove this, just insert a cd, and I bet you can transfer files over to it.......

There is no need to format a blank dvd, unless it is an rw that has data written to it already.

However, as John179 has sort of stated you will need legitimate dvd burning software such as Nero/Recordnow or Roxio etc....

4. john179

john179 Active member

baabaa as always you are spot on.My what software are you using approach was indicating in my polite way of saying.No software no burn i think i will take your approach next time i should have been a little more direct.

My apologies
    John179

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Heehee.....no worries.

I would not want to upset you anyway, cos by looking at the size of your bear - my little friends would have no chance....except by whipping you with their ropes....LOL......

6. john179

john179 Active member

You know this bear of mine is getting some stick as prisoner has kindly took him to the cleaners.You know iam starting to feel sorry for him because he's a big softy at heart.I know he likes to skip so keep an eye on the ropes.
    Cheers
    John179

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

LMAO.......

Lovely.....

How can you call a monster in a police uniform, with a meaty revolver stomping towards you with a look of 'who's been eating my porridge' a big softy......

Love the picture though, reminds me of a moderator.......(only joking moderators)........

8. dvddvr104

dvddvr104 Member

I installed Nero Express today. However the disk I iserted is always busy... it never goes to a state of halt can any one suggest a solution for this.

DVD I am using is rewriteable. I am kinda stuck with this workkk......

9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

2 Things I would look for (I don't use Nero, so others would require to jump in here)

1. Does Nero support your burner - I think you should be able to find this out at http://www.nero.com (apologies, I posted the wrong url)

2. Does your burner support the type/manufacurer of your inserted media - I would hazard a guess that your burner is having trouble detecting it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG] [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Do you have and packet writing programs installed?(Nero INCD, Roxio Drag to disc, DLA) These try to take over the drive and want 1st access to it all the time. When you open Nero Express, at the bottom is a button mark MORE. Click that and then erase disc. If it has data on it, it will erase. If blank it should ask if you want to format.

Jerry

11. dvddvr104

dvddvr104 Member

Here are the problems I am facing.
    1. I could not get any detail about which Burning software supports Pioneer DVD-RW DVR104. I dont have any catalog or s/w that came with the drive.

2. As I am located in India I cannot order any S/W online and pay through Foreign currency using my credit cart.

I am trying to get the compatible S/W and buy the same here in any stores. It would be great if you can point me to any location where I can check out the compatible softwares.