1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-103 update problems

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by boweldi, Oct 24, 2004.

1. boweldi

boweldi Member

I have a problem updating my Pioneer DVD-R/RW drive
    its a model DVR-103 version 1.55 whenever i try updating (i tried like 12 times) it will just say Kerneldoes nto match and then it exits and says 0 drives were updated....

How do i update my drive to a 2.0 because i got a warning ina DVD-R box that said i must update my Firmware or else it may cause damage ????

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

It depends on who actually supplied the drive.
    I had exactly the same problem with my 103.
    Mine was included in a Packard Bell system and so had a different firmware installed.
    Had I bought it myself and installed it I would have been able to update the firmware.
    My firmware is 1.9 and I can't update to 2.0 either.
    Don't use it now as I have a 107.

3. boweldi

boweldi Member

well my 103 came with my Sony Vaio Computer..i went to a site and downloaded the update for it and when the program is iopened the setup just comes out as a bunch of weird shapes and leftter...So what do i do if i dont update my drive will be damaged......i cant buy a new one until december but i need one now!!!!

4. boweldi

boweldi Member

NOOOoooOOOoOOOO!!!!!!!!1 IT CANT BE!!!!!!!!!!1
    MY DVD-RW DRIVE IS BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CURSE PIONEER FIRMWARE UPDATES!!!! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO PUT THE WARNING OF THE DVD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX AND NOT AT THE TOP!!!