1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-105 Burning Problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by trumantru, Dec 8, 2004.

1. trumantru

trumantru Member

Hi

I'm using a DVR-105 which I've had for a couple of years now. It's been really reliable up until recently. I just moved house and ever since my drive's not been able to burn DVD-Rs. It still burns CDs correctly, but when I try a DVD-R it gets to a certain percentage through (usually about 50%) and just stops burning. The green light goes off but the burning program (I've tried both Nero and DVD Decrypter) still thinks it's burning and doesn't return an error message. I've flashed my drive with the latest firmware from the pioneer website (http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html) but to no avail.

If anyone on here has any information that may help me that'd be great.

Thanks in advance

Truman True

2. john179

john179 Active member

I started devolping problems simular to these on my old 104 which i do not have anymore.I flashed the drive just like yourself but this did not really make a difference.I found out in the end by trail and error that my 104 had become very tempermental due to the amount of use it had.I tested several medias with it until i got one that would work well with it and just used this media all the time.When i first purchased it i could use just about any 2 speed media in it and 4 speed although it would only burn at 2 speed.

In the end i sold it on and the guy who i sold it to still gets great burns with it with the media i recomended he used.I just put it down to the age of the drive and alot of good use of the drive.This could be the same in your case depending on how much you have used the drive.