1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Pioneer DVR-106 4x DVD±RW - OEM - Price Drop! ***

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Rotary, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

2. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

Look on pricewatch.com and pioneer 106 oem is $126-$129 (US cheapest) depending on which state you want to order from... tax and shipping might change price. Personally I have heard great things about this drive, so I might have to jump on this.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2003
  3. ristretto

ristretto Member

Any difference between the bare bones DVR-106 and DVR-A06 besides the bundled software and the nice box?

For the 106, I've read about folks using DVD shrink and Nero. As far as I know, Nero isn't free, so I'm wondering if it would be easier to get the A06 instead for about the same cost as a 106+software. Any thoughts? Thanks.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

Yes you may have something there? get the A06 and get nero with it!

i have the 106 oem and paid £200 when it came out! but i use nero v5 not v6 (v6 suckked for me!) and dvd shrink excellant combo works everytime!

i hear there ia new nero v6 now is it 29 or something at the end? perhaps it will work ok now! but v5 rocks on every burn!

Thx............

5. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

is there a big difference in pioneer dvr-106 and the dvr-106D. Can someone tell me if its a big difference cause if not, I think I will take the dvr-106 oem cause it comes with a warranty and I already have different burning software (free trials) haha.

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

There is no difference between the drives. The oem just comes with the drive and the retail comes with software.

7. ristretto

ristretto Member

Thx...

Sorry for the noobish questions, but if I get the 106, what software do I have to *buy*? DVD Shrink is free, but I sure don't want to pay $80USD or so for a Nero 6 Ultra Edition.

Seems like the A06 comes with various ULEAD software and Nero Express (different than Vision Express, I think). Anyone out there using this software for DVD burns?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2003
  8. bigntasty

bigntasty Member

does it really come with a warrenty is it 30 days or something cause that was all that was holding me back

9. mjlogan

mjlogan Member

So without getting software you will not get the drivers with this package?

if not where will i be able to get them from?

Thanks
    Mark

10. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Well I got it retail and it included Pinnacle Studio 8 and Instant CD/DVD, not my favourite programs.
    Well the retail version will have some software to write with, so if you haven't got ANY writing software then you should better get it retail.

11. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

You don't need drivers, windows has them built in. You will probably want to put in the region free, etc. hacked firmware from rpc1.org though.

12. mjlogan

mjlogan Member

ah right ok.

I have got the driver in my machine now and it does work find, burnt a few dvds but everytime i restart windows (which is not very often) i get that message that it has found new hardware and will attempt to find the drivers for it, so i leave it searching and it finds nothing so i just quit it.

Which drivers do you have it using?

13. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Im not sure exactly, but it was just the default windows drivers. Used this on my XP and ME machines. Do you have a different version of windows?

14. mjlogan

mjlogan Member

XP Home and ME, its ok though, because i dont often restart my machine for a few weeks at a time.