1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIONEER DVR-107

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by elifeli, Aug 30, 2004.

1. elifeli

elifeli Member

DOSN'T SEEM TO FRIENDLY WITH MEMOREX DVD+R DISC. TI BURNS THEM BUT DVD PLAYERS REJECTS THE DISC NO PLAYBACK.MAYBE NEEDS FIRMWARE UPGRADE ?

2. infinity8

infinity8 Member

I also have the same drive and have had NO success with the memorex, nor any other brand of dvd+r. I have an apex that plays anything and it will not, let alone many other dvd players. I have been using ritek g-04 dvd-r and they play anywhere (so far).

3. MoSWBig

MoSWBig Member

I have same drive and use ritek g04 and have had no problems so far have burnt 20+ movies and no coasters LOL

4. Waz85

Waz85 Guest

Where is the place place to order Ritek g05 dvds?

5. elifeli

elifeli Member

I have used Ritek GO4 4X DVD-R and G05 4X DVD-R and they are oK.But recently I have used Ritek 8x DVD-R and they are better and a lot faster.But the ? I Have Is Why DVR-107 does not burn DVD+R disc isn't it a dual drive ? And about where to get good media try supermediastore.com they have good prices and service

6. BADA_BING

BADA_BING Member

Havent burnt using that brand sorry about that but... ritek verbatim tdk datastream princo have all worked... ritek and princo have givin me a few new coasters though.......

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Ritek G04 is 4X -R.

Ritek G05 is 8X -R.

If you haven't updated your firmware then it might be a good idea to do so since new firmwares typically increase media compatibiblity.

Memorex isn't known for putting out good media. Try running one of the Memorex discs through DVD Info Pro and post the manufacturer ID for us.

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member