1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer dvr 107D

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pstpup, Jun 14, 2007.

1. pstpup

pstpup Member

With the pioneer 107d I can burn with most any brand disks. I have had problems reading after burning though. At this time I'm using maxell dvd-r 1-16x, 120min. 4.7 gb. I can burn anything successfully, but when I try to read it, I can't. I can take that same disk and put it in any of my dvd players and it works perfectly. I'm confused.

2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

It may be that the Pioneer optical pickup head and associated mirrors and circuitry may have a problem while the optical record head does not. The drive writes but cannot read properly. If you have another DVD drive in your system, try it to see whether or not a problem in playback software is involved. If the software has a problem, then all the playback drives in the computer should have a problem reading.

3. pstpup

pstpup Member

don't have another one so will have trouble figuring that out. I am using nero 7. I have heard there are some issues with nero. If I do it enough or maybe just the right way I can finally read from most of the disks I have trouble with. What you mentioned about the opticals might be the problem. Is there anyway to combat that problem?

4. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Try to run Nero CD/DVD Speed under Tools. That will bypass the decoding software and just look at data marks. If the Pioneer drive can read and report information to Nero CD/DVD Speed, the problem may lie in playback software. If the drive cannot send a signal to the Nero utility, then the drive may be the source of the problem.

5. pstpup

pstpup Member

windows won't even recognize the disk. It's a maxell 1-16x, 120min., 4.7GB disk. Do you think it might be the disk itself, or that it's what I think it is and it's the burners opticals like you first thought.

6. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Does the drive play a music CD? Can it play any regular movie DVD? Or is it just recorded DVD discs and recorded CD-Rs?

7. pstpup

pstpup Member

just recorded. problem is that the recorded ones I want are my backups for my music, and the like. what do ya think, just the disk?

8. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

If the Pioneer drive can play CDs and DVDs but not recorded CD-Rs or DVD+R/-R media--but can record them--then my next guess is that the drive is having problems with reflectivity. The reflectivity of recordable media is lower than that for CDs or DVDs. Reflectivity is critical for reading data, a bit less critical for writing data because the drive also follows the wobble groove during recording.

If the description above is true, it sounds like the drive.