1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-108 problem. Drive won't read anything

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by SkyWNC, Dec 4, 2004.

1. SkyWNC

SkyWNC Member

Hi, I just got a DVR-108 upgrading from my Nec ND-2500. However, I have some problems trying to set it up
    Whenever I plug in the drive, it slows down the booting up to Windows, take like more than 5 mins to start up my comp. And then from My Computer I can see the DVD-drive but whenever I click on on it, it won't open and just hangs right there (even tried to right-click to go to properties but it just hangs after right-click). If I go to Divice Manager, I could see the drive also. It won't read any cd/dvd (anything). However, there's one strange thing is that I tried to boot up my comp w/ WinXP CD setup and it does run normally (only booting up from CD). I tried to set it up on my friend's comp and it worked perfectly. I'm pretty sure I use the 80wired IDE cable since I can see its running in Ultra DMA Mode 4 under WinXP Pro sp2. I've tried to update my mobo BIOS too (ABIT IC7-G), set up as MASTER (w/o any other drive), update firmware.
    Im sure that Im using a 80 wire IDE cable

2. SkyWNC

SkyWNC Member

Could someone help me w/ this problem? or else I'll have to return it back and get NEC ND-3500 instead