1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-108 Problem w/Win XP

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ToolNila, Nov 5, 2004.

1. ToolNila

ToolNila Guest

Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased the Pioneer DVR-108B (black) from NewEgg.com and have it encased in a Mapower 5.25 USB 2.0 enclosure. It is running the latest firmware: 1.14. I managed to set it all up, had XP (Service Pack 2) recognize both the drive and the enclosure, and burned two PS2 game backups. The media used was Ritek's Ridata 4x DVD+R.

Since the second burn, XP now only sees the drive as a CD-drive. The only settings I remember experimenting with were IDE ADA/ATAPI values in Device Manager. I have since restored them to default values.

The drive will not recognize blank DVD media. It does however manage to read DVD movies as well as the two game backups I made. Upon clicking the DVD icon in My Computer when a blank DVD is inserted, XP spits out the following error statement: "E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function."

I have scrutinized every Google.com search possible, many forums and even PioneerElectronics.com (which needs a mass overhaul in terms of material update).

Can anyone please help? I'm so PISSED. =(

ToolNila

2. Avneet23

Avneet23 Guest

which brand of media are u using. i think th pioneer a08 doesnt recognise some of the blanks. for e.g i tried using the nexgen brand and it doesnt work. so try using another brand...

and then let me know if you are able to burn using the eclosure. try burning some CDR or CDRW's first and let me know.

Thanks

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I would think it's Roxio's Easy CD Creator/Destroyer too. And I heard uninstalling the software won't solve the problem too because it never completely uninstalls. I had a mess of problems with ECDC 5 including reading by DVD drive as a CD only drive and vowed never to use it again. Nero has been problem free for me. If you think the problem might be drive-related, there's a great forum exclusively for Plextor drives: http://forum.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43