1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-108

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by killalot, Apr 20, 2005.

1. killalot

killalot Active member

Quick question any one else had any problems burning audio cd"s with a Pioneer Dvr-108 does dvd"s no problem but every time i burn an audio cd with nero and verify the burn after it always fails looking at the disk you can see two differnt circle"s burned on to it if i slow the burn speed down to somthing like 8x it works my Msi dvd burner burns no problem at full speed if updated the firmware still the same......

2. livermore

livermore Guest

I was having problems with my Pioneer too (A08) but resolved them with a firmware upgrade. Maybe you should try reinstalling the drivers from Pioneer's Website just to be sure they installed properly:

http://pioneerusa.com/pna/article/0,,2076_4273_128163990,00.html

I think new drivers were issued around the end of March, for my model anyway.
    Other than that I can say with some confidence that I have always had trouble burning with my Pioneer faster than 8X, when it should be able to go to 16X (for DVD's though).

If you still have trouble I would go through the usual things that might cause issues. Turn your anti-virus software off as well as other uneeded items running in your taskbar. Do a spyware and adware scan. If you have System Mechanic or Norton SystemWorks use them to diagnose any problems on your machine. And be sure to drop Pioneer a line to let them know what your doing, what your using, and what the problem is.

I wish you the best of luck,

Frank

3. killalot

killalot Active member

Cheers for the info Frank ive done all them that you suggested i do a spyware scan etc on a regular basis my Pioneer burns Dvd"s at 16x speed with no problems its just crap at doing audio cd"s i can burn the same audio cd with my msi dvd burner at full speed with the same sortware etc with no problems just the pioneer fails at any think faster then burning audio cd"s at 8x its a mystery that"s the buet of computers pain in the arse, cheers once again...........