1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR 109 major problems help quick

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Rampagef5, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Rampagef5

Rampagef5 Member

I have been having so much problems since i recieved it today. I installed it, it can find it. I tried dvd shrink and decrypter, both come with a message saying there is a problem with the i/o. Just tried drive test in nero and got this message "parameter value invalid". It can read dvds cause i can play them in dvd shrink (although my graphics card is too crap to see the video, you can see it works). I tried writing and got another error. I havebought this before, and sent it back because i was wondering about the dvds not playing proper ( i know now) but the writing did work. I doubt this is something is wrong with the drive, but my settings.

I also have a error at startup that i didnt get before.

Secondry IDE channel no 80 conducter cable installed. Really weird.

Any help, if help can be given quickly i will be so greatful.

Thanks

2. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

First thing, did you properly configure your drive to be Master or Slave, or is it still on "Cable Select".

Is your burner all alone on the IDE Channel, or is it connected with an other IDE device ?

Go read this, it's all explained here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/170304

Also, regarding your IDE 80 conducter error, there are 2 kinds of IDE cables. One with 40 conducter (40 little wires) and an other which is also 40 pins but has 80 conducter (wires) in it.

The 80 conducter version is needed for those 16x drives. Maybe you will need to replace your IDE cable with an 80 conducter.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  3. Rampagef5

Rampagef5 Member

Well its on master, just like my other cd drive, i only have one disc drive now. I think its something to do with the on system settings.

The IDE error at the start has now gone.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005