1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-111D+Verbatim+fw flash= Unplayable Disc?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by divertiti, Dec 8, 2007.

1. divertiti

divertiti Member

I've been using the 111D to back up my Xbox 360 games for quite some time.

I have Hitachi iXtreme 1.2 rev 2 firmware on the Xbox 360, burned using Imgburn and Verbatim DL disc (made in Singapore) at 2.4x

Everything had been fine with the backups until recently I updated the 111D firmware to Dangerous Brothers 8.29 INT for the bitsetting function. However, after that, I continuously get unplayable disc errors from the backups burned after the flash. The firmware flash was successful, as were the burns, but the discs would give "unplayable disc" error in the Xbox.

The bad burns seem to to happen at random right now, some attempts would result in a working burn, but most attempts would produce a burn with "unplayable disc" error. This never happened before I flashed the 111D and all my backups created before the firmware flash are still working 100% so I know the laser on the Xbox 360 isn't dying.

Things I've tried to fix it:
    -Flashing to another version of the DB firmware.(8.15, 8.19)
    -Crossflashing to 111L.
    -Flashing it back to the Pioneer firmware found on DB's website (1.29)
    -Do a clean install of windows
    -Switching to another media (Phillips media seemed to produce more working burns than verbatim, but not much better)
    -Switching to CloneCD

I'm pretty sure it's only after the firmware flash that this started happening but I can't be entirely sure that the firmware flash caused it.

Has anyone else experienced this? What could possibly cause this? Is there anyway to fix it? Is there anyway for me to detect what the difference is between the working discs and non-working ones so I can pin-point the problem?

2. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

hi,

sorry i cannot elp but i am intertested in what bitsetting is? is it needed to burn and rip 360 games etc? i have a 111d and im flashing my xbox soon so i'd loke to know if is needed?

thanks