1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-520H - Any Opinions?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by rick58, Sep 24, 2004.

1. rick58

rick58 Guest

I'm considering the purchase of the Pioneer DVR-520H and would be interested in what owners of this machine have to say about it.
    Thanks.
    Rick

2. ratcat

ratcat Guest

I just received mine yesterday. I've given it a pretty good testing. I've burned DVD-R and DVD-RW recorded to the HD using timer settings and backed up some old home vids to the HD, edited and burned to disc. So far it seems to do everything as advertised.

The only thing I can't get to work it the auto recording using the timer in my dish network set top box. The recorder is supposed to start recording when the stb turns on and it detects video at the jack. Mine turns on immediately when it is set up. Unplugging the video cable keeps it off so I'm assuming that the problem is that the STB has some sort of blank screen video signal even when it's off and the DVDR is detecting it.

It's not a big deal however as I can still just program the STB and the DVDR seperately. The easy programming screen on the Pioneer is pretty easy to use.

I'll post more as I use the unit more.