1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer dvr-a05 problem

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by tomhand16, Nov 30, 2002.

1. tomhand16

tomhand16 Guest

hi all..

i just bought a pioneer a05-and im having
    problems with 2x dvd-r-the drive will not
    write to them,,comes back with an error,,
    tried them at 1x also same problem,,i tried
    a dvd-rw 1x which seemed to be ok,,,i tried
    fws and datawrite dvd-r`s---anyone else with
    the same problem,,,,

many thanks,,,,,

2. endothorn

endothorn Guest

Im sorry to be the bearer of bad news but a lot of people i have spoken to with A05 drives have thye same problem. This is because pioneer in all their wisdom have decided to change the firmware on the new a05 drives so that cheap media cannot be burnt. This is so that disks from dvd-r manufacturers that do not pay royalties to pioneer to use their dvd-r standard do not work. Earlier versions of the A05 are ok but Pioneer recalled a lot of drives so that they could change the firmware.The sooner Lite on release a dvd-r drive the better.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

See my other post on this issue -- what specific disc brands you refer to as I have the latest firmware and it works perfectly with dirt-cheap discs.

Only thing that I know, what happened with other Pioneer models as well, was that they didn't allow 2x burning for 2x labeled discs that weren't certified to pass as 2x discs by Pioneer, but I think this is just fair for consumer, since otherwise the 1x crap would be just re-labeled to 4x and sold with 10x higher price for Joe Averages.

And all manufacturers do the same, so Lite-On wont be any different whatsoever.