1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-A06 installation probs...

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by XrichardX, Aug 12, 2003.

1. XrichardX

XrichardX Member

I got this drive for my birthday. I installed it, and popped in the disc containing nero, and the drivers. It installed a bunch of things without asking me, like Ulead DVD movie factory, and some other things. On this disc, somewhere was the device driver. After it installed, it showed my new DVD drive under "My Computer".
    I rebooted my comp, and the drive was gone! I looked on the disc, but could find the driver nowhere on it. But I took apart my machine, unplugged the drive, and plugged it back in. Then it detected the drive, and everything was ok. That was yesterday... I proceeded to install some wireless network things this morning, and when I had to reboot my machine, the drive disappeared again! I can't install anything, because no drive is present to read the discs. This is really a hassle, and is starting to annoy me. Does anyone know how to fix these problems? Thanks! Also, have any of you guys had these problems?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2003
  2. Whoosh

Whoosh Guest

I never experienced that problem but it all depends on your system and OS.

I could be wrong ...but it sounds like a configuration problem.

My Pioneer DVRA06 is installed as the Master device on the Secondary bus and my dvd-rom is on the Slave device on the Primary bus (with hard drive).

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What version of Windows are you using - bet its XP