1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Elite Blu-ray Player Questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by abcc, Aug 28, 2007.

1. abcc

abcc Member

hi, i tried to contact Pioneer about their Blu-ray Players.

hi, i dont get this, on your Blu-ray Player BDP-94HD , and the BDP-HD1 ,

the BDP-94HD is the better one,
    but yet it only supports this : Video: WMV, WMVHD, MPEG1, MPEG2 (HD), VC1

and on your BDP-HD1, it supports all of this :WMV, WMVHD, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4-AVC, VCI

so if i get a video file from my computer and converted to Mpeg4 , it wont work on your best top of the line player ?

and another thing, is it true about some Players able to detect a burned back-up Blu-ray disc and self terminate , i mean turn its self off, or that u have to keep your phone line pluged in at all times ?

Now is this PIONEER ELITE BDP-94HD worth buying ??

Thanks, Best Site Ever

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I'm sure both players support the same mandator Blu-Ray codecs (MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 codecs including: AVC (A.K.A. H.264), and VC-1)

Is the player worth buying? No! If you want a truly high end Blu-Ray experience go for the new Denon player. Its the only one that supports Blu-Ray's interactive features. Plus it has the best in class video/audio processing and upscaling.

Denon DVD-3800BDCI
    http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...nces_Flagship_DVD-3800BDCI_Blu-ray_Player/801

Ced

3. abcc

abcc Member

cool, i was reading the specs on the Pioneer from their official website, so thats why i was puzzeled why their best player wasnt supporting the same as their other player.

Thanks, will check out about that Blu-ray player