1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer/ Piodata DVR 108DX

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by pulsar, Sep 24, 2004.

1. markd56

markd56 Member

How does one check the firmware version on a Piodata 108DX? Also, how does one update the firmware once an updated version has been acquired?

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

OK here goes, click on start, right click my computer, click properties, hardware,device manager, click dvd rom, you will then get a list of drives installed in your pc, click on drive you want to check on. Then click on details, your firmware version is on the right! It should be version 1.14. Assuming you have downloaded the firmware from the Piodata website, open the file & hit the UPGVD file, let it run & follow the instuctions. Once it has finished, if not prompted, you must re-boot your PC for the changes to take place. Hope this helps!
    Regards,
    Pulsar

3. Flash-

Flash- Guest

4. markd56

markd56 Member

Cheers Pulsar & Flash. I still cannot see the fw version using Control Panel. The app suggested by Flash works fine.

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

You cannot see the firmware version via control panel. You have to go through device manager to check it!

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

OH CRAP!!! I am so wrong! If you go into control panel, click on system icon. Go into device manager that way! I very rarely speak wisdom!

7. markd56

markd56 Member

I meant I am going via control panel to device manager. It does not show up in Device Manager. There is no "Details" to click on. If you meant "Properties", it does not show up in properties on my version. Win2K.

8. CJC

CJC Regular member

You cant check the Firmware version in Device Manager

You can either Download DVD Identifier which will tell you, or if you have Nero installed, you can use Nero Tools and that will tell you what firmware you have installed for the DVD Burner.

CJC

9. maq28

maq28 Member

You can flash the the drive using original patched Pioneer flash from www.rpc1.com done by NIL . I did it today and it works .

10. lancerx

lancerx Guest

Ok guys i need some help, i've read all this here and i'm having trouble, i've inserted a dvd+r benq media to write some data but the writer is not detecting the disc so i inserted a -r with some data in it and winxp did not detected either, i tried updating the firmware from 1.10 to 1.14 but it won't do it it says: Current signature: Piodata, error: unknown error is occured, man what's wrong with this? i have trusted pioneer always and now i got this crap?

thank you

11. lancerx

lancerx Guest

Please guys i really need help.

12. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Sounds like the drive is dodgy, especially as it will not update firmware. Can you try your drive in a different PC? Have you got the 1.14 firmware from piodata?

13. lancerx

lancerx Guest

I tried everything even on other pc and nothing i just returned the item yesterday and asked to send a sony or nec, i am really desapointed with pioneer.

14. Adavis

Adavis Member