1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer problme... please help

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by paddyc, Aug 9, 2004.

1. paddyc

paddyc Guest

hey folks I am using dvd shrink to copy MY OWN dvds, I got this firmware that speeds up ripping to 12x, but i dont know if it works, my dvds are still taking about 2hrs to ripp, on a pioneer 106.

Has anyone any help or advice for me thanks

paddy

2. colw

colw Active member

Some details as to you system specifications would be useful e.g., operating system, RAM, Hardisk space, software being used, DVD burner model, Device driver mode etc.

Burning at faster speeds is not always advisable but your times are not typical for normal 4 speed encoding/burning.

Even with a low spec system, your should be able to rip/encode in 15 to 45 minutes and burn in less than 15.

Much more detail needed in order to assist.

3. paddyc

paddyc Guest

Have a P3 machine with 384MB RAM and 40Gb on wink2

Everything runs ok normally. the firware I got was supposed to increase ripping not burning speed to 12x, but it hasnt done anything.

It takes about 2hrs for ripping and about 30mins for burning a DVD. I know there are 16x burniners there but i like 4x as there are less errors and corruption when burnt slower, but i am trying to get ripping speed down

any help wuld be appreciated.

thanks paddy

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

5. paddyc

paddyc Guest

Nepihlim

will chack that out thanks a lot matey