1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer-RW DVR 104 problems - Help Please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stuarts0, Aug 27, 2003.

1. stuarts0

stuarts0 Member

I am a newbie with a 6 month old PC with the above drive. I have been able to burn a number of CDs/DVDs in the last few months but recently I have encountered a problem.

My PC hangs/Freezes/stops responding whenever I try to burn a CD. This happens when

a) using windows media (9) to burn a music CD
    b) using nero buring rom (5) when burning a music CD or copying a data CD.

In all cases the burning process appears to begin and then my system freezes/hangs and I have to switch it off to get it to respond.

I have waisted about 20 CDs trying to get this to work. I have updated the firmware, checked for viruses but still cant get it to work.

Can anyone help

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

WMP9 is VERY intrusive (this is a known issue)
    It wants to access the i-net all the time , I don't know if it is uninstallable now but it wasn't a while back. Other than going back to bare drive w/ just O/S
    Als o try uninstalling/reinstalling Nero as this has helped me once b4 , many moons ago
    I do occasionally burn the odd CD w/ my Pioneer 104 (cos i have DVD-Rom aswell & no more room for my Ricoh CD-RW) but it doesn't like doing them , if you have a seperate CD-RW drive I'd suggest using that.