1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirated movies and this board

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ag22, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ag22

ag22 Regular member

I still belive that everyone on this board, and most people with high speed internet access will has at one time or another donloaded music illegally or obtained music illegally. ASKYEW I garuntee you if your parents listen to musci they have either illegally obtained it or illegally downloaded it. Have you ever heard the term 'sharing music'. this means if you downloaded a song form itunes, and burned it to a CD and then gave it to your parents to listen to, and then you go and listen to it on your computerm you are stealing music. Accordoing to DRMA you must download 2 songs in order for both of you to listen to it from a seperate source.

2. ag22

ag22 Regular member

BTW if you are donwloding movies online illegally, firstly I would suggest you stop, but secondly just for information you could go to movielink.com, which is a BestBuy aphilliate, and download a movie. Its a bout $5 and it is purely legal. The artist gets money and the company gets money. There is a 24 hour viewing limit and the file then corrupts itself so it wont play anymore. However some people are exploiting this by downloading WMRecorder 10 and using this program they copy the file to the CPUs hard drive while its playing. This is the samething as going to blockbuster and burning a movie from then. highly illegal, and unlawful.

3. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Wal mart music is cheaper but yu can only get the 50 top songs from there. Its just a convinience issue.

4. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

who's roll is worse the people that make stuff available or the people that download and use it.

I know my earlier point is invalid for a number of reason but still interesting.

5. askyew

askyew Regular member

I find your post about my parents to be simply uninformed. You don't know them or anything about them. I guarantee you that my parents have never even listened to illegally downloaded music(unless unknowingly at maybe a restaurant) much less downloaded it. Yes they do listen to music quite often through a bose wave surround system and digital cable music channels.

Your original post
    " Amd Im not saying this is a bad thing because if you show me 1 person in America who hasnt downloaded music illegally and Ill show you a flying a pig"

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

me, i don't download music from net besides which the recording industry screwed themselves in that it is almost impossible to get music from stores that only has the big hits of today or popular music. but what about hard to find music or just 1 song from a cd, can't get that from a store only from the net. now if the recording industry setup a data base of all the music since the 1900's & charge a small reasonable fee for each song than there wouldn't be so much illegal downloading of music

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Huuuummm, What I find interesting is when the movie company found out that one of their own was giving "Screeners" to a friend who put them on the Internet - They let their guy go and prosecuted the friend -

Recently it was learned, that the Red Cross was financially involved with a P2P organization. The music industry issued a statement to the effect that they would not name the Red Cross in their suit - It's where the "trail led," why not ?

Is it just me who's baffled by this ? Breaking the law is only considered that when it's some small individual. It's not breaking the law when it's a friend of yours OR, when it's a huge organization who might make them lQQk bad in the eyes of the world should they ever consider suing them - ?

A 60 ear old "Grandmother" in Ca was dropped from a "John Doe" law suit when the press got hold of the woman's age. The downloaded music was still on the PC, downloaded by the woman's 12 year-old "Grand-Daughter." Proving once again that when the light of day shines upon the a@$holes of the world, they slither back under the rocks where they came from.

Like so many things, perhaps it's not for us to question, for if we do, "Yes, Chicken little, the sky is really, really falling."

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi there Pete, As always you hit the nail right on the head. They never go after anyone unless the splash they make sends the waterflow the direction they want it to go. If it can make them look the slightest bit bad they will drop it in a split second. Its impossible to even think about trusting anyone that holds any type of office or high position these days. All these watch dog organizations peeking over our cyber shoulders and watching what we do, where we go(on line) and what we do with that information. Anyway just my 2 cents worth.
    Merry Christmas Pete.

Jerry