1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirates and mortal kombat problems

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by ferdyjmg, Jun 11, 2007.

1. ferdyjmg

ferdyjmg Regular member

Anyone try to back up the new pirates of the caribbean game? I use rawdump 2.0 and It started fine and ran for 15 to 20 minutes then there was an error. The same happens with mortal kombat. Ive shut down everything but rawdump and it still happens. Ive re booted and made sure there is plenty of room on the hard drive. I dont get it every other game I have backed up has worked 100% no failures in burning or ripping. I just cant get either of these to dump. Please give me a hand if you can.
    thanks in advance

2. ferdyjmg

ferdyjmg Regular member

ok im an idiot... I put pirates in the wrong drive and I was just dumping mortal kombat again. pirates did dump fine. I still cant figure out mortal kombat. Can anyone help

3. Jeff_73ca

Jeff_73ca Member

If its the old " an unexpected error has occured" see if it happens at roughly the same point every time ...if so the disc needs to be re-surfaced

cheers
    Jeff

4. ferdyjmg

ferdyjmg Regular member

thanks for the help but it is a brand new disc it plays fine and looks fine I just bought it. however I want to make a backup and keep the original put up safe, I have a 20 month old son.

5. Jeff_73ca

Jeff_73ca Member

what error are you getting?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Just because it plays fine and looks fine doesn't mean there isn't a manufacture flaw some where on the Game Disc.

You may not be able to see it by looking at it. Plus the flaw may not be picked up by the Wii drive but is picked up by the LG drive or rawdump.

If there is a flaw on the Game Disc it doesn't mean it would show up right away. It could show up in the middle or the end of playing the game.

I would bring the game back and exchange it for the same title. Most stores will do this as long as you exchange it for the same title.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007