1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirates of the Caribbean Problem!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jimsid, Feb 20, 2004.

1. jimsid

jimsid Guest

I ripped pirates of the caribbean, then i compressed it to fit in a dvd-r. Finaly i wrote it to dvd-r disk. When i tried to play in my Sony DVD deck it was impossible. The movie "jumps" every 2 seconds to the next chapter!!!! I used Smart Ripper v 2.41 or DVD Decrypter 3.19.0 for ripping, DVD2One for compressing and Nero Ultra Edition 6.3.0.3 or Pinnacle Instant Copy for Recording. I used many brand names for media as TDK,Plextor, Princo, Ricoh, Sentinel. My DVD+-R drive is a Teac WD50D

Thank you and regards!!!

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Did you try a Movie-Only back up or Full-Disk w/ DVD2One Jim ?

3. jimsid

jimsid Guest

I tryied the movie only way. After the compression the movie plays normaly from my hdd. And the recorded media plays normaly on my pc's dvd. When i try to play in a DVD deck is the problem. I tryied to play on 3 different dvd decks but......

regards

4. bridq

bridq Regular member

try ripping with dvd shrink; I made a successful back up using that program. I had to remove some features to make it fit on one disc. Otherwise I have a back up that plays fine in my toshiba dvd player. Also, it seems that sony dvd players have a hard time playing back up dvds. Are you sure you can play backed up copies?

5. T-bone

T-bone Member

As bridq said the best way is to use DVD Shrink, I had the exact same problem using decrypter and DVD2one. After using DVD Shrink it played perfectly on my Sony DVD player. The only thing I can't explain is why Pirates has to be backed up using Shrink?
    As for bridq comment about Sony DVD players not playing copies I would totally dispute that and go further in saying in my opinion theSony DVD player is the BEST player to play back copies, I sell them and I have found the Sony is the only one you can gaurantee will play anything!

t-bone
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Help someone out today - Because tomorrow you may need help.[/small]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2004
  6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

When I first went to buy a DVD Player that definitely played DVD-R(RW) the Sony came up trumps & I never regretted buying a Sony DVP-NS305 [quite a basic model really , plays Bulkcrap Gen 1 for f***s sake - lol]

I have a Sony Centre across the park from me (5 minutes away) and thought that would be handy if I ever needed it to go back for any reason ... for instance to get the firmware revision to allow SVCD playback (didn't bother with that tho as I convert SVCD MPEG files to DVD-R anyway !:D

IT WILL NOT BE A SONY PROBLEM (hehe)

7. rippman

rippman Member

hi i was just wandering i thought that when u rip a film its when u convert it from dvd 2 vcd format just wanderd thats all!