1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirates of the Caribbean

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by gibbscd, May 13, 2004.

1. gibbscd

gibbscd Member

I have tried copying this movie on many occasions, with no luck, using DVDXcopy Advance (my express does not work at all in copying any movies).I have read many of your discussion on ways to copy this movie. I was unable to do it using any of them, including copying titlesets 1,2,3 & 11 in advance (compression and not). The media I am using is TDK DVD+R. I have successfully copied many other movies. Thanks.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

You will find most of the people here use Shrink and Nero to burn or Shrink and then use DVDdecrypter to burn

Set Up Guide for DVD Shrink using Nero

1.Make a folder on the Desktop and name it Rip Movies
    2.Put DVD Movie in your DVD-Rom or DVD-Writer
    3.When Windows asks if you want to play movie hit cancel
    4.Open DVD Shrink

Setup Shrink

1.Edit>preferences ( you can look at it if you want to but it is already setup)
    2.File I/O> Burn Setting check enable burning w/ Nero
    Click O.K.
    3.Open Disc- click it ( Shrink will do quick analysis )

Copy Movie Only Method

1.At top click on Re-Author
    2.Main Movie – Drag title to the left side

1.Compression settings
    a.Audio- uncheck the audio you do not want
    b.Subpicture- uncheck any you do not want
    c.Video- Where it says Automatic Ratio click to Custom Ratio( at the top you will see a Green Bar. Right below where you clicked on Custom Ratio is a bar. Move that bar to the left and you will see the Green Bar at the top move left and it will show some gray color. Make sure only 1/8” to ¼” of gray color shows (this keeps you from burning to the outer edge of the disk))
    2.Backup>select target device ( make sure this is your burner
    3.Select Folder for temp files ( make sure this is the folder on the desktop you created Rip Movies)
    4.Click O.K.

Now DVD Shrink does Deep Analysis and then encodes the movie and then automatically burn the DVD using Nero

3. gibbscd

gibbscd Member

Thank you so much for your help. It worked perfectly.I do, however, have another question. Now that the movie is downloaded to my "rip movie" folder on my desktop, can I copy another disk from that folder. If so how. I wouldn't think I would have to go through the shrink process again.
    Thanks.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

There is really 2 ways but the easiest and non-complicated way is to let Shrink find the file and then tell it to backup. The other way is to find the file and burn w/ Nero. I like the Shrink way myself

5. gibbscd

gibbscd Member

Thank you again. It worked like a charm. Have a great weekend.

6. siber

siber Regular member

Car.Mike: doesn't it feel really good to say all the right things and have somebody figure things out just like you want them to? Great job!