1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirates of the Carribbean missing audio in 1st VOB??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by M0J0J0J0, Dec 8, 2003.

1. M0J0J0J0

M0J0J0J0 Member

I'm trying to backup my copy of Pirates of the Carribbean. I've tried using DVD Shrink, Smart Ripper and DVD Decryptor and each time the first VOB file from the movie is missing sound. The rest of the film is perfect. I've tried just ripping the movie and not the extras but it makes not difference.
    Has anyone come across this?

2. LeeFields

LeeFields Guest

Fraid not, mine ripped first time on shrink and burned on Nero without problems. Can't say I've had that problem before on any movie, have you had this before? What burning software are you using?

3. fsh1

fsh1 Member

I use dvd decrepter and it worked fine. One question for you experts. How do you make a copy that has the games (ie exe fies refered to on the menus) also on the same dvd?

4. LeeFields

LeeFields Guest

Use DVDShrink. Compress the movie but not the special feature that you are reffering to. Me, I didnt bother and only wanted the movie at 100%, so I split across two disks. It is a hefty file, so you may have to compress up to 50%, which for most people is just to much loss of quality (quite bad actualy).

5. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

make sure that your ac3 check marks are all checked in the streams

6. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

make sure that your ac3 check marks are all checked in the streams

7. crazas1

crazas1 Member

I just made my backup with DVDCopy Express and it is working fine