1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pixelate is caused by cd brand?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pindarous, Nov 13, 2004.

1. pindarous

pindarous Guest

Hi,
    i´m having a trouble when makinng backups from my dvds when i play them on pc they look great but when i go to my dvd stadnalone player it shows some scenes pixelated.
    Why is that?
    i´m on a pentium 2.4ghz, 512 ram with geforce video card.
    i have a LGgsa-4160b dvd burner, LG711 and Precission PVD528s standalone dvd players.
    i use ridata blank dvds

and i´m using dvd ripper to get the dvd content to pc, clone dvd to strech the video content to dvd5 and burn the dvd back up.

i already read a message about the quality of the cds and the probles that they can make... so its just about dvd blank quality? or there are something that i can fix?

Thanks in advice for any help

2. 12256180

12256180 Member

Hi -

Sounds like a media problem, but you might also try ensuring that all your unnecessary background processes/applications are disabled on your PC when you're burning.

I've had similar problems, but mine were to do with either a) rubbish media or b) using DVD X Copy Xpress (which is crap, I don't care what anyone says).

Since I switched to a combination of DVD Shrink & DVD Decrypter I've only had poor media to contend with.

Hope this helps.

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

What media are you useing and what is the media code?

What speed are you burnig at?

4. pindarous

pindarous Guest

i use ritek G04 and usually y burn them at 4x.

and as i told before the problem is with the standalone players, the dvd backups plays well on pc.

5. pindarous

pindarous Guest

i think that is a prob of the burning process, but i used nero and clonecd for burn and i got similar pixelated scenes with both.
    for now i´ll try to close al backbroun applicattions and reduce the burnung speed.

if there are another sugestion please tell me

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Ya try burning at 2x. Some stand-alone players can be a little picky and the burners can read their own writing overlooking some write errors the stand-alone can not. It could still be a media issue. I think G04s are becoming a little inconsistant lately. My last batch I had to burn at 2x and it was still no guarantee (same problem as you).

Some other things to check:
    Remove adware, spyware.
    Defrag hdd.
    Update firmware.
    Shutdown background processes.

7. pindarous

pindarous Guest

ok i´ll try to do that,

thanks for your help!

so, what about comercial applications like pinnacle instant copy, intervideo dvd copy? they could help to optimize results on burning process?

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

no, don't waste your money.