1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixelating Problems After Recording

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jam116, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Jam116

Jam116 Member

I bought a Sony (Stand Alone) DVD Recorder. Model RDR-GX7 and have burned a few movies. I placed a Fellows label on them. I just tried to play one back in my Toshiba SD-2800. The picture freezes and stops playing. I unplugged the power per Toshibas Tech Support and plugged it back in. Sometimes it will play for a while and then it starts again. This occurs on the movies I have recorded.
    I recorded one without applying a label and it seems to play fine. Could it be the labels?
    Or is my problem that the Toshiba is not Progressive scan. I am using Memorex DVD –R media

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

yes it is probably the label. Many labels throw off the balance of the rapidly spinning disc.

3. Jam116

Jam116 Member

Is there any label I can use that will not cause this problem. I thought about the clear gloss as they are thinner?

4. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

most don't recommend labels. some people have been luck and used them. There are direct print dvd which can be run through an inkjet printer.

5. Jam116

Jam116 Member

Thanks much for the advice.