1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixelation/freezing

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by WisVikFan, Jan 28, 2008.

1. WisVikFan

WisVikFan Member

I have CloneDvd and AnyDVD. I am starting to experience bad pixelation and then some freezing, always toward the end of the movie, like the last 5-10 minutes. I have reduced burn speed, but that doesn't help. CloneDVD says burn successful but the discs all have the same problem toward the end of the movie. I have tried different media, Memorex, Sony, TDK, HP, doesn't matter. Any ideas or help will be appreciated,

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Try a different burner with the $ony discs at 1/2 rated speed of discs.

3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Or try changing your burn output to 4300 so you don't burn too close to the edge of the disc.

And as Father iluvendo stated, use good media.

4. edlonwlf

edlonwlf Member

Agree with the comments above. Limit the disks space I had that issue earlier, but since I limited the edge exclusion no problem.

7thsinger - Cubs fan. Seriously???? My brother is a BIG BIG cubs fan. GIve him a hard time all the time. To each their own. Better luck next season.

-edlonwlf

5. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

WisVikFan,
    In addition to 7thsinger's and iluvendo's tangible suggestions:
    1. Make sure your burner firmware is updated. An updated firmware expands the compatibility of your writer to nearly all brands of blank media. Plus this will also prevent pesky errors that usually transpire during the burning process.
    2. I think the consensus is to obtain first-class media i.e. Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, Sony etc...
    3. And finally, make sure your burning software is incessantly updated.

@ 7thsinger & iluvendo: You two are high-visibility! Your footprints are everywhere! :) Take it easy bros.

6. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Pryme H bro what can I do, I've got 2 very big left feet?!

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

dump the Memorex, TDK, HP, media and use Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim.

also make sure your burning on a clean machine (doing a disc cleanup and defragging often) and don't multi task while burning (if your using a single core CPU that is)

8. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Lol. Yep, and i'm a die hard. I've been waiting for next season my whole life! :)

@PrymeH

My bright orange/black Adidas, size 12's are hard to miss...aren't they?

@WisVikFan

Media is a huge part of quality. Memorex, Tdk, Hp, and others sublet some of their discs and just stamp their name on them. A good portion of those are Cmc Mag which is the bottom of the pile. Follow the advice of these posts and you should have better quality backups.

Happy burning.

9. WisVikFan

WisVikFan Member

Thank you to all for your input. A few questions. I have a Sony 710A burner that is at least two years old. The last firmware update is back in 2005. I keep checking but I do have the latest, but very old. I am wondering if I buy a new burner, will it help. I do have CloneDVD and AnyDVD and I see people mention keeping the space to a max of 4300 on the disc, which would make sense to me. How do I do that? I don't see in CloneDVD an area I can change the setting to only use 4300 on a 4.7GB disc. Please let me know. I see people recommend Taiyo/Yunen discs. Where do you buy those? Someone also said make sure the disc are made in Japan. I just bought some memorex from BB and they say made in Taiwan. I guess I should take them back and get something else. Again, thanks for all the great support.

10. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Change the size under the "Custom" selection. Sony's can be "ify" now so try to use Verbatims or Tys for the most reliable results

11. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

In the US Taiyo Yudens best prices from

1) Meritline

2) Supermediastore

Just Google them

12. user5986

user5986 Member

I know Clone DVD has been around for quit some time but I personally think DVD Fab does a much better job than most of the ripping programs on the market and it is being supported.

Just another opinion.....

13. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

And you're under the impression that CloneDVD isn't supported? Although your opinions are fine, it adds nothing to the OP's original problem/question.

14. res2cue

res2cue Guest

and make sure you aren't using paper labels on the dvd's

15. cyndeec

cyndeec Member

I have the same problem as the original poster - I have not had a chance to try all these suggestions but I will - the question I have is that while it will do that on one player (my hitachi) - it won't on the player that is attached to my TV (DVD TV combo) - is there also a sensistivity issue with players?

16. res2cue

res2cue Guest

This might help

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/420738

17. RottieGrl

RottieGrl Member

What I do when cloning, so that I don't have problems is this: I burn to an image, then I'll check my image with daemon tools. After I'm happy with the way it looks, I'll burn with Alcohol 120%. If you do it this way, you won't waste disks because of something not looking right.

18. res2cue

res2cue Guest

the problem with this theory is that most problem occur due to compression (after the rip) and bad media... you procedure won't prevent that.