1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixelation

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cityslikr, Feb 23, 2007.

1. cityslikr

cityslikr Member

Hope I have this question in the correct section.

I think I’m having a bit of a media problem.
    I’ve been backing up my personal dvd’s for about 2 years now.
    Initially I had been using Ritek - (Ritek GO3) media. Burned about 120 perfect backups.
    About a week ago, I started getting severe pixilation with the Ritek. Read up in the media section about this, and most reply’s said it was probably the media causing this. Don’t know how this could have happened after so many good burns, so I borrowed 2 Sony - ( Sony16D1 ) and 2 Verbatim - ( Mitsubishi MCC 02RG20 ) blank discs from a friend.
    The 2 Sony’s produced perfect backups, while one Verbatim produced good results and one had pixilation like the Ritek.
    With the Ritek I am burning at 1x, and 2x on the Sony and Verbatim media.
    I am using the RipIt4Me / DVD Shrink 3.2 / DVD DeCrypter method for backing up.
    I just ordered some Taiyo Yuden, and hope to get better results than I have with the other 3 manufacturers.
    In the interim, is there anything else that I should be looking at that may be causing my problems?
    Thanks Jimmy

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Try burning at 4x or 1/2 the rated speed of the media. Too slow can be as bad as too fast.

3. 56delray

56delray Regular member