1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PK2 Software Setup Help

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by paulyp, Mar 28, 2005.

1. paulyp

paulyp Guest

Hello all,

I have been reading for couple days on here and thanks to all for the extensive knowledge. I was able to use the Phone Tools and transfer .jpeg and .mp3 files but when i tried to use PK2 i cannot get it to connect. I read the help file and installed the right file. I got it to show up in the Modem under DM using Windows XP Pro but nothing shows up under USB. Is this my problem? Also i looked in the Registry but found no keys that matched what was listed.

Thanks in advance for your help

2. baspeed

baspeed Member

not sure if this helps but sometimes I run PK2 after I run MPT's and I have to shut my phone off and PK2 finds it as soon as the phone goes off.

3. paulyp

paulyp Guest

What is this MPT and where can i get it?
    BTW i have a V180 if this helps

Never mind Phone tools duh :)

Cheers,
    Paul

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2005
  4. mvotinov

mvotinov Member

1)we start PST this necessary to do the changes to roll. For Windows XP. After start PST, Windows must find the new device. The Driver for they lie in root of the file, where is installed PST. (This files: p2k.inf, USBMOT2000.INF, p2k.sys). Under successful installation must appear the new device: Accessories Interface, Data Logging MCU... and etc.
    2)For Windows XP a) start "regedit.exe" and move over to branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetEnumUSB b) change "Permits..." for branch USB. "All" - "Full access":
    3) delete all branches, beginning on "Vid_22b8&Pid_3801...",or like this
    4) Start PST, Windows must find the new device. The Driver for they lie in root of the file, where is installed PST....modem will disappear, but then appears the new device:
    5) PST do not close! Again we start "regedit.exe" and move over to branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetEnumUSBVid_22b8&Pid_3801. Inwardly it must be one more branch, not it is important with what name, in my event this "5&789ddb4&1&2". We Find the parameter "Service" with importance "usbccgp":... and change it on "usbhub":
    6) inwardly branches, with which we right before worked, there is one more, with name "Control", in her there is parameter "ActiveService" - change his(its) importance on "usbhub":
    7) take the cable out of telephone, wait 5 sec, once again include. Windows finds the new device, indicate her way to driver in root PST, what did earlier.

5. paulyp

paulyp Guest

thanks MV but the Keys i get are the following
    Vid_022b8&pid_4902
    Vid_022b8&pid_4903

no 3801

6. paulyp

paulyp Guest

Ok so i deleted both of them and started from scratch. Turns out it was the ..4902. SO i followed those directions only that i didnt find any strings with usbccgp. I did change the Service and ActiveService from "Modem" to "usbhub" but still nothing...This is very confusing and frustrating. Will try again.....

Paul

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2005
  7. paulyp

paulyp Guest

tried again and again

Didnt find any Service or ActiveSerivce w/ usbccgp...anythoughts?

Paul

8. mvotinov

mvotinov Member

Try to delete "Motorola USB modem",and didn't put driver on it again.After do all again

9. mvotinov

mvotinov Member