1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.pkg being opened by WMP :(

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by bbmn, May 26, 2004.

1. bbmn

bbmn Member

Hey all,
    Its my first post, and I will try to make this quick and painless for all involved...

I just downloaded a codec off this site that lets my Windows Media Player to display mpeg-4 video. The installer file was of the .pkg file extension. I tried double clicking it as one would normally do, but I was told to select from a list of applications on my pc to open the .pkg file. I tried several different types of apps, and none seemed to work. I then tried to use the actual Windows Media Player, and accidently had "always use this application to open this type of file" box checked. Now any file with .pkg as the extension is opened by my media player. I can't select "open with" by right clicking either, and that's my big issue.

1) What application opens .pkg's?
    2) How do I go about getting Windows Media Player to not be associated with being the default opener for .pkg's?

Thanks for any help you guys might have.

2. isselman

isselman Member

I have no idea what program opens .pkg files, but if u want to change the program associated with .pkg files, right-click, go to "properties," and click "change" and choose a different program. Again, I do not know what that is..

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004