1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning to buy a DVD Recorder. Need Help

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by wwefan24, Jan 13, 2007.

1. wwefan24

wwefan24 Member

Ok guys here is my problem. I'm planning on buying a DVD Recorder over the next 2-3 months, and i want to get ahead start on researching on which dvd recorder i should get. What brands are the best to check out?
    i want to be able to have it connect to my vcr and tv. i have dish network and i dont know if having cable or satellite matters. i also want to buy a dvd recorder that will not cost me more than 200 dollars. i'm sure that there are good ones that are in between 120-200 dollars. any comments as to which dvd recorder i should be would be great.

thanks for the help,
    Daniel

2. Altercuno

Altercuno Regular member

I bought an LG cos my burners LG so I was hoping for more compatibility between backups/players. I do recommend getting one with a hard drive - very useful for video capture off cam corder & general recording. I have a separate vcr connected and satellite with no problems but you need to get the cables right so RTFI.

As to make? See what others say...

3. jda37219

jda37219 Member

my panasonic es15 is excellent, i paid 170, walmart online has them now for 140, i saw some in the store about 2 weeks ago but not now.

4. jda37219

jda37219 Member

also, it only allows you 125 channels, so i record onto my cable digital video recorder, then transfer shows to the panasonic, or you can record onto the panasonic directly but only basic channels up to 125.