1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plastic DVD sleeves

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by shark29, Mar 17, 2005.

1. shark29

shark29 Member

Just wondering if someone has had any experiences using these particular sleeves:

http://www.meritline.com/cd-dvd-case-cases-sleeve-paper.html

I have been looking all over for vinyl sleeves with a cloth lining and a flap, but either sites are out of stock, or they are way too expensive since I need 2000 of them. There are not too many sites that sell them either really. I like these sleeves at meritline because they are taller when stacked upright, since I am going to be buying a lateral file cabinet to organize them in rows. Right now I use case logic 208 DVD binders but I want to better organize my collection. Wasnt sure if anyone had any bad experiences with plastic sleeves or if there are any possible long term effects. The vinyl sleeves in these binders have been working great.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

4. shark29

shark29 Member

Thanks for the input guys! I was just wondering about individual sleeves though. Also, it looks like the link I provided doesnt direct you to the actual sleeves I am thinking about getting. The sleeves I am thinking about on that URL are listed as "100 Pack Clear Vinyl CD Sleeve with Binder Section" listed for $9(Although they are really plastic). The actual vinyl sleeves without binder section are out of stock so those arent an option for me. What I am worried about is not having the cloth lining for the data side in the sleeve. In the binders I am using now, there is a cloth lining in the back of the sleeve.

Nephilim - What your using is what I am using right now - binders with pages that hold 8 disks. I have too many damn binders LOL.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Great! Does that mean I have your old ones once you switch? :p

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  6. shark29

shark29 Member

Well, I have about 8 of them, all in great shape. So I was thinking of selling them on Ebay or something. They are the Case Logic made of koskin(fake leather) material. I bought each for $40 at Best Buy, but I would probably sell them for $10 a piece to get rid of them.

So does anyone have any recommendations on plastic or vinyl DVD sleeves, or more specifically the ones without the inner cloth lining like you see in binders like I mention above? I am amazed that these are so hard to come by on the internet or in retail stores.

7. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

8. vike

vike Member

Try using D skins. They are like a condom for your DVD's. I use TY printables for my backups, and at $.70 + shipping I want to preserve them so it's worth paying another $.60 to protect them. The sleeves go on like a shrink wrap cover, they are removable if necessary, and you can play your DVDs with the sleeve still on. Also, you can clean any fingerprints etc. with a rag, soap and water without endangering your DVDs. You can check them out at http://www.d-skin.com/home.html. I've got DVDs that are over a year old and are still in pristine condition.

9. shark29

shark29 Member

Pony321,

Out of curiosity, which ones do you use, they do have a few possibilities on there. Unfortunately, it doesnt look like any of them have the cloth lining inside. I think I need to give up on that feature :)