1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLATINUM DVD-R

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by poffin, Jul 8, 2007.

1. poffin

poffin Member

Well hello all,
    I have a question about Platinum dvds. I am going to buy Flip-Top cover and Swap Magic 3.6 for my SCPH 70004(assuming this is v12 ps2 right?) v12 black ps2. On the website where i wanted to buy the Flip-Top cover and Swap Magic they recommended Platinum DVD-R for burning ps2 games so i did a research because i wanted to know what media this brand uses and since it's not really well-known yet i could only find a few media IDs. So i came up with these media IDs: MCC03RG20 and RITEK F1 for the DVD-R. And i also read in the sticky these are good media but i just want to hear some opinions from others.

So now my question is: Should i begin using Platinum DVD-R for burning my ps2 games and use this for always?

I am very limited with the brand choice because in the area where i live are only the brands Philips, Sony, Platinum and the others are junk. And i was looking for TDK here but i can't find any the only i could find in a shop was DVD-RW...

btw: I am not planning to go for web-shop.

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Sony DVD-Rs = Ownage

3. poffin

poffin Member

so i shouldn't buy these platinum dvds?
    and EVERY Sony DVD-R is ownage?(i mean EVERY Sony media ID)