1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play and charge kit or rechargable batteries (such as GP)?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by i4k, Feb 27, 2007.

1. i4k

i4k Member

hi guys, just thinking should I get a play and charge kit for my wireless controller or should I just get a set of rechargable batteries (such as GP)?

btw, how many cycles can the rechargable battery from the play and charge kit? thanks for answering!

2. schweet

schweet Guest

It says not to use rechargable batteries in the controller so I'd stick with play and charge.

Don't know how many cycles but they should last a long time.

3. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

I use rechargable batteries in mine neva had any problems with it,i bought a 4 pack of batteries of ebay for a few quid and i can use the batteries in other things too.

They probally dont want you to use rechargable batterys so they make more money off you

4. i4k

i4k Member

okay thanks! what is the capacity for your rechargeable batteries? 2700mah? or lesS? around how long can it last? =) thanks! wanna make sure before i buy the batteries!

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

To be honest, the xbox charge kit works excellent. I never would have bought it myself as I was quite happy with rechargable batteries. I figured it was just a way for MS to soak us for some more $$$.

But my wife got the charge kit for me as a gift. And I must say, it's worth the money. It holds a charge a long time, plus you can still play while it's charging. I'd recommend it over rechargable batteries.

This is for the Xbox brand... I can't comment on the Nyko brand.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  6. i4k

i4k Member

ermz... how much your wife got the play n charge kit for? n usually 1 charge can last you for how long? i got an offer from auctions for approx. US$17, is it a good deal?

7. navsav

navsav Regular member

I have the play and charge kit and am happy with it. Although if you want to play while you charge you will have to deal with a cable thats just not quite long enough - can't be more then 6 feet or so long. The box says a charge lasts 25 hours. If you leave vibrate off any controller will last longer for you - or so I've heard.

8. i4k

i4k Member

sounds cool, 1 last thing i wanna ask tho, how long approximately will it takes to charge? =)

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I think the xbox brand is around 20 and the nyko maybe 15. It does charge quicker than the batteries, though. That I know. And I just measured the cable and it it 9' long. Don't know how long the nyko is.

I'd say it's probally 1 - 1 1/2 hour to charge while I'm playing.

10. i4k

i4k Member

thanks! guess i am just going to get it!!! cool~!