1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play back decripted movie on hard drive.

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Sausage, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Sausage

Sausage Guest

I have just decripted a movie and it is now stored on my hard drive. My problem is how do you run this movie to play it. There are so many files for this movie, and I don't know where to start. I am new to all this and I am still learing, so excuse me please.

Thanks.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Select the VTS folder and play in WinDVD or Power DVD

3. Sausage

Sausage Guest

Thank you for responding to me. I am not sure on this so I am going to run thru it with you. The movie I decripted is Chicago. It is all in one folder. When I open the folder there are loads fo files and when you said open the VTS folder, well these files are all together with the others and are not in a foler of their own. Do I place them in a folder? I opend Powered DVD and it asked me to open DVD file on hard drive so I located the file but nothing happened. Where am I going wrong.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

There will be a file at the top of the folder you open called VIDEO_TS, its not a folder, but a file. Select it as the movie to be played. It will allow links to the VOB's and other files.

5. Sausage

Sausage Guest

HI,

Video_TS file, is this VTS_01_.IFO. It won't open for me. I can play the movie clips by selecting them but when I go into Power DVD and select movie the VTS._01_.IFO file shows up, I right click and select it and it returns to Power DVD, and nothing else. It does not play the movie. When I go into the file itself and try to open it says windows needs to know what program created it. I went online to let it find the program but page could not be found. Any ideas what may be wrong.

Thanks for the help

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It will be called VIDEO_TS and is the IFO file. Select it, right click and do play with >> choose WinDVD and it should work.