1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

play backups on 16d5s after rgh

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by exodusrevelations, Jun 12, 2014.

1. exodusrevelations

exodusrevelations Newbie

Hey all. I have tried searching for this answer everywhere and all i can find is just for flashing and removing the glitch chip. My question is this.... if you rgh an xbox 360 with a 16d5s drive and keep the chip in do you still have to replace the pcb in dvd drive to play backups or can you just flash the drive?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

rgh is to play games direct from hdd internal or external without a game disc,so if you don't have a xbox dvd drive with the 0800 firmware to rip & convert games on the pc then just flash your 360 drive,now it's rgh you can ftp games direct to the 360 as well as any software & other junk.

software you'll find useful for the pc to make or convert xbox ISO's
    XBOX360 ISO Extract - extracts contents of iso to folder
    ISOtoGOD - converts iso to xbox 360 type game folder
    Le Fluffie app
    Xbox IS0 Image Browser
    Xbox Backup Creator v2.9.0.345 or higher
    horizon
    filezilla

Ketola likes this.
  3. exodusrevelations

exodusrevelations Newbie

Thanks. I kind of figured that but figured id ask to be sure. I have a xenon thats had the drive flashed but its having problems and it aint worth fixing and i got a lot of backups is why i asked. And thanks for the useful apps.

4. richietea

richietea Regular member

You will still need the replacement unlocked 16d5s to write the dumped firmware if you planning on using the dvd for your backups and not RGH

5. exodusrevelations

exodusrevelations Newbie

one more question for yall. with it rgh'd does that mean that all the games ive saved to the hard drive already will not say to insert the disc to play or do i need to rip those first?