1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

play divx on ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by bgrocks, Jun 20, 2007.

1. bgrocks

bgrocks Member

okay so i have a slim ps2 wth mod chip and have finally figured out how to download and play games.

next step:
    how do i download and play divx movies. i have been reading through the posts and have visited a couple of sites to figure out how to do it and have come away massively confused. also some of the posts are old and am not sure if the info applies

thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you would have to get some sort of media player that could play them. With the older fat models they have memory card exploits for this, but slimlines can not use those.
    check into AR Max media player to see if that can play DivX
    worst case senerio you can use a conversion program like Nero or my favorite DivXtoDVD and you can convert the DivX file to a standard ISO or Video-TS format that any DVD player can play. The conversion takes a while but it may be the best option if you are a patient person.

3. BadBone

BadBone Guest

It is possible, i have use PS2 Reality Media player to play DIVX movies, it also plays MP3 and Views JPEG.

There is also another player i came about, haven't tried it yet, but u should take a look here is the link.

4. BadBone

BadBone Guest

It is possible, i have use PS2 Reality Media player to play DIVX movies, it also plays MP3 and Views JPEG. You can get PS2 Reality Media Player here

There is also another player i came about called S MS Media Player for PS2, haven't tried it yet, but u should take a look here is the link.

you will need to follow the proper burning proceduresin order for them to work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2007
  5. steimy

steimy Active member

SMS media player is a memory card exploit (ELF file) which means he can not use it because he has a slimline PSTwo.

6. bgrocks

bgrocks Member

yeah. just tried that .elf file and it didnt work.

will try next

7. bgrocks

bgrocks Member

ok. i seem to be a bit of a retard. the ps2 reality site is under construction so there is no info on how to use the product.

these are the only instructions found and not quite sure how to use. please help. thanks

INSTRUCTIONS ON SITE
    1) Player ISO image

USE ->

* Record the image with Nero or CDRWin (or similar) in DAO (Disk At Once)

That's all.

To burn media files :

In this case the CD with the AVI need to be generated with cdgenps2,
    (it could work with another method)

Another method is generate a compilation with Nero (Disk At Once, mode 2/XA)
    and drag AVI file. It should work.

This method can cause problems with some modchips.

You can find tutorials in our web about other methods.

8. BadBone

BadBone Guest

I found previous post which explains this, you can find it here

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2007
  9. werdna316

werdna316 Member

10. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

I've used the SMS ELF - just stuck it on my USB drive, and ran it through uLaunchELF. Seemed to work just fine, although I didn't try any DIVX movies.

11. jax52684

jax52684 Member

I also use SMS with RadClient via network