1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Play DVD" issue after clearing system cache

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by N_Djot, May 30, 2011.

1. N_Djot

N_Djot Member

Since this is my first post in this forum HI ALL:) and thx in advance for any help you might be able to give me:)

Last year I bought an Xbox360 (LiteOn drive) flashed with iXtreme LT. I've been burning backups and playing them since without any problems at all. Last week all of the sudden I wasn't able to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty Black Ops. When I tried to load the games it came up with the famous "this disc is unreadable" message. There were no scratches on the discs and both had been working recently. As always I googled around and found several threads where people suggested that you could clear the system cache to solve the problem.

So I did however after clearing the system cache whenever I put a backup in the drive it won't recognize the disc as a game but writes "Play DVD" and when I try to launch it it comes up with a message saying "to play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console". Well I thought my Xbox was an Xbox ;)
    The weird thing is it's only and issue with backups, originals play without any problem. Could clearing the system cache mess up the flashed firmware in any way?

Regards
    Martin, Denmark

2. AkaMrMike

AkaMrMike Regular member

Clearing the cache shouldn't be a problem only thing it would do is cause dlc not to work. If you've applied recent update then that is your problem it reflashes your firmware. Other than that it might be laser going bad, drive has a harder time reading burnt games rather than originals.

3. N_Djot

N_Djot Member

After clearing the system cache I rebooted the Xbox and when it came back on I might have downloaded and installed some updates. So downloading and applying updates from Xbox Live can reflash your firmware? Never heard of that:)

4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Check your dash version. If you updated, then backups will not work. You will need to reflash.