1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

play dvd-r on desktop

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by carlyann, Mar 12, 2005.

1. carlyann

carlyann Member

i have a hp mce 1177 with clonedvd ,shrinkdvd and any dvd,my media at the moment is princo
    my problem I can backup movies which play in the dvd player and xbox but they will not play back on any software programs on the computer

2. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

what software programs are you trying to play it with?

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Your DVD decoder is not properly registered. Ive had this on a few systems of mine. Try to play the movie in windows media player. I need to know what the error says. Then I can look it up for you.

-Del

4. thietlong

thietlong Member

I have a similar problem with mine, and I think mine was the disc that was either scratch or dirty, just bad. I used win dvd platinum edition and usually it played anything I throw at it, but I run into some really bad batch. Also, window wouldn't recognize my disc either, saying it's either corrupted or not a recognizable file. The burner actually played the movie fine but the dvd rom would not.

5. carlyann

carlyann Member

Thanks guys . I reloaded clonedvd and any dvd.I don't seem to be having the problen at the moment.
    i think your right as far as the decoder with windows XP and the media centre . I believe this is what is causing problems

6. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Good job on the fix. Fast thinking. Any DVD may be where your Decoder came from. So reinstalling it made it register. If your DVD decoder is not properly registered in Windows XP then you will not be able to play any DVD video in any program. Retail, Copy or files. Shrink does not use the XP decoder it has its own. It will play movie files even if your Decoder is messed up.

Hopefully it stays working
    -Del