1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

play homebrew on 2.71??????????

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by coppkidd, Jan 15, 2007.

1. coppkidd

coppkidd Member

hi can anyone tell me if i am able to play homebrew on a psp 2.71 im a bit afraid of downgrading and just wonderd if this was possible??

2. pspcrazy2

pspcrazy2 Regular member

yes you can play homebrew on 2.71 with the e-loader

3. Xithon

Xithon Member

You could downgrade from 2.71 to 1.5, then either get devhook or a custom firmware like 3.03 OE-A/B. Up to you.

Dark_Alex's custom firmware is great for the hybrid FW of 1.5 and 3.03 (the latest) so you can play all your ISOs as well as do a lot more.

Have fun!

4. coppkidd

coppkidd Member

is it safe though i not sure even though i dont think my psp is a ta-082 it has ic6001 written near the r button in the umd its hard to see though,have to turn it upside down though im just a bit worried about downgrading tried it before and bricked my psp

5. cmassi

cmassi Member

I am by far not a seasoned veteran here, but with some surfing found something called "Eloader"... you want V.99 APPARENTLY it can be done, haven't tried myself though... i just upgraded the new version so i guess i'm waiting for the next ELoader... DARN !!

6. Xithon

Xithon Member

Don't worry coppkidd, you should be in the clear if you can't see ta-082 anywhere inside the UMD drive.

My PSP has ic6001 written on the mobo as well in that very awkward place nearer to the R button.

Mine is a 1.5 so I know I don't have a ta-082 anyway, but I can run homebrew safely and tonight I've just installed Dark_Alex's custom firmware 3.03 OE-B. It really is a brilliant achievement.

Check the stickied thread that has information about motherboard compatibility if you haven't already. It's a little old now, but it covers PSP 2.71 I believe to a certain extent.

Do you know if your PSP was originally a 2.71 or was it lower and updated to 2.71?

I'd go for downgrading if I were you, but it really is your choice. As I've said before to other people, don't risk it if you're not 100% sure.

Good luck

7. coppkidd

coppkidd Member

no it was a 2.6 i upgraded to play tiger woods golf 07